Wednesday, September 24, 2008

BRINGEN IT BACK

Before reading this please scan down to my playlist and click on the very first song on my playlist so you can feel the emotion as you read.
I have recently decided that I am going to start a weekly, maybe monthly post to give recognition to great songs that have long since died. This weeks will be "Valerie" by Steve Winwood. Before just throwing the towell in right now and moving on to the next blog, please just listen to Steve for a minute, he makes a whole lot of sense.
The reason this came about is because the other day I was running my little route I do with my dog, listening to my ipod and this song came on that I think I put on there possibly by accident. Right as the song started I felt the pavement under my feet glide smoother, even faster. My adrenaline rose form a 7 to a level 10 within seconds. Go ahead and laugh, for some of you limp Bizkit or Marylin Manson may be the answer, but for me, Steve definitely does it.
As I was saying, so there I was running along, the wind blowing my hair with the smell of fall in the air and for one split second... I was wishen my name was Valerie.
"Valerieeeeeeeeeeee call on me, Call on meeeeeeeeeeee, Valerieeeeeeeee
Come and seeeeeeeeeeeeeeee me, I'm the same boy I used to be.................."

10 comments:

Chelsi said...

You totally don't need to buy a ticket to witches night out. You just go, and shop and eat. It's super fun!!!

Brooke said...

Pretty much made me want to kill myself. So thanks for that.

The Tuft's said...

Wow!!!! I can so see you running and thinking that!!!! I do like that song though!!! What about the one song JOANNA I looove you your the one!!!!! Laugh all you want but I know you know that song!!!! Lets really plan a day and go to both of the places one to eat and the other for dessert!!!! And then after you and Brooke should ride on a scooter and I will watch u guys!!!! Every time I see a scooter I think of that moment with you two!!!!!

kOrTnI said...

You are too funny!!!

I love ya!!!

Thanks for the smile & song stuck in my head for the rest of work!

ps good idea

aaron said...

weird. jackson and i used to sing this song during our morning jogs at the mtc. he would always bring out a wicked air-keyboard. fond memories.

J and B Martin said...

I LOVE this song! You have great taste in music girl- thanks for making me laugh!!

The Christensen Family said...

You make me laugh! Won't ever hear that song again without thinking of you... HILARIOUS! Loves...

SeƱora Daiana said...

Your so funny!!! You and your music wow...

Melissa L. said...

Keelee...YOU ARE AWESOME. I miss you! You make me laugh.

Love ya,
Melissa

Camille said...

Call me! I'm here all week! Ps You would like this song.. NERD! I love you!