Sunday, August 24, 2008

Lake Powell 2008

Each year the Bennetts have their annual Powell trip in August. We go for an entire week on a house boat, it is sooo much fun! The trip pretty much consists of eating, playing board games, water skiing, wake boarding, battle tubing, jet skiing(although both of them broke on this trip), playing in the water, reading and just getting to spend time with each other, oh and did I mention eating? We had perfect weather and a killer camping spot. Everything was great with the exception of a couple mishaps. Jared crashed on the stand up jet ski and seriously tore his face up and Kelly somehow caught the flu a few days before we left so that was terrible, other than that we had a great time. Thanks so much Kelly and Mark for such a fun trip!
Every night we'd bust out the train game.
Check out the sick TAT we gave gram!
One day we came to this little beach and had lunch and then the boys found these super long switches and were doing "rock, paper, scissors" to see who'd get whacked... what a bunch of wierdo's. They had HUGE bruises and cuts all over their backs, totally deserved I think.
This is Cam, via "Speedo Man" and he's totally dead serious!
Isaac with the kiddies, Maysen and Bennett.
Ha....Don't ask
Battle tubes. This is a crazy enjoyment these boys have, they come off with bloody noses, massive bruises, ripped up life jackets and sometimes even black eyes.
So, not to brag, but my husband is hands down the mast amazing water skier I've ever seen. It's so fun to watch!

Just chillen on the house boat.

For more pics and details go to Dallas Coons Blog and my friend list!!

14 comments:

Alesha said...

Oh I love Lake Powell! You guys are always doing the funnest stuff!

The Keeles said...

Sounds like a fun, but brutal trip. I hope you came out uninjured! We need to get together again soon.

Camille said...

Glad you are back ( not that I'll be able to see you!) I hope you are feeling better. Looks like you guys had fun. We are going next week to Powell, I hope we have as much fun as you did!

J and B Martin said...

So much fun! I love how boys are so crazy sometimes..who wants to get hit with a stick?! That's great! Oh, and my Mom (Dawn) is planning to come get her hair done by you..she loves my hair and her hair girl wasn't able to make the cut! FYI!

Brooke said...

Looks like a fun week! That family is so fun. I wish they would call me to hang out sometimes. I could hang out with Jackson's mom for a year straight and not get bored. Glad you guys had a good vacation!!! Thanks for having us over last night, it was yummy and fun! And I love you Jackson, for not making me eat a really gross concoction. Just for the record though, I would've eaten whatever. I wouldn't back down from a bet. But it was nice you didn't make me. Ha ha.

carlston said...

Lake Powell is like no other place... when I think of Lake Powell, I often think of your family. Glad you had fun.

Brady and Britton said...

Lake Powell is hands-down my favorite vacation spot in the world. It's the best!! It looks like you guys had an awesome time, I'm so jealous!

Jami Weight said...

looks like you had a blast! I am glad you are doing better. And wow, your boobs look big in your bikini picture with all of the boys (well at least your letf one does :P )Love yur guts sweetie-pie!!!

Marissa said...

So fun! My extended family always goes up to Bear Lake to ski and stuff and I would love to trade that for the warmth of Lake Powell!

The Winwards said...

My first trip to Lake Powell was with you and it was so much fun. I had such a blast with you guys. You can make any place fun though, we could be out in the middle of no where and we would never be bored.

Tiff and Rand said...

That looks like so much fun! Bunko's not the same without you so no more trips over that particular Thursday, ya hear!? Love ya!

Jake and Linzey Jordison said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! I love Lake Powell, but I haven't been there is a couple of years. Hope you got really tan!

SeƱora Daiana said...

Umm you crazy girl. I'm glad that you didn't have a lot of pain. I'm happy you guys had fun. You guys needed it.

Jamie said...

How fabulous! I love Lake Powell! I am super jealous we didn't make it to the lake once this year with little Will :( Miss seeing you girly!