Saturday, August 30, 2008

Happy Anniversary!

Today is our 2 year/6.5 year anniversary.... you pick. Technically we've been sealed for 6 1/2 years but since we were remarried it's just been 2, make sense?? Ha, Jacks and I often kid with each other and make jokes about events that have occurred by saying, "Did that happen the first time we were married or the second?" or he'll say things like, "I like my 2nd wife so much more than my first"(very funny), or "I'm so sorry but I still love my x-wife". I never thought we'd one day be able to look back and joke about things like that because at the time losing each other was worse then a death to us both and we had to decide what was really important and what really made us happy, and then change the things we both knew we couldn't live with out. It was pretty obvious after a while that each other was exactly what we couldn't live without, so we took a good year(after being divorced a year and a half already)and worked out every kink we could possibly find...haha, that was a rough year because we'd get close to getting remarried and then one of us would get scared and back away a little bit... then two days later realize that that option wasn't going to work either. What a roller coaster, our poor families were so confused!
I'm not going to say those were easy decisions or an easy time in either of our lives, but I will say it was soooo worth it. I used to be able to describe our marriage with words like; Fun, spontaneous, loving and great! Now I honestly can't find the words to describe the love and emotion I have for my husband. He is everything I need and I love him for who he is beyond words. I am so grateful for the gospel and know that Heavenly Father knows each one of us better than we know ourselves and will guide us(if we'll listen) in the right direction. Those few years were so difficult and I know the outcome was not just a coincident, I believe we all go through trials so we can learn and grow and in our situation, better appreciate each other! We are so blessed to have been through this and then to have ended up getting a second chance and turning it into a wonderful marriage, I thank my Heavenly Father everyday for giving us this opportunity. Happy Anniversary Baby!!

Here we are at age 19 and 21...SOOOO young, oh my gosh!!!


Seven years later. Love you Jackson!!



This year for our anniversary we drove up to Midway and stayed at a bed and breakfast, "Johnson Mill". K this is the cutest, most intimate little get away and I would HIGHLY recommend it to anyone!! You get to choose from a variety of rooms, ours was the "Carriage House", darling! You get complimentary access to anything in the main house, cookies, hot chocolate, the game room, the theater room, tons of dvd's to take back to your room and so on. Oh, then they have this HUGE pond,(I'd actually call it a small lake)where you can get in a little paddle boat or canoe and row around... even fish if you want to. SO much fun!! I kinda felt like I was in the movie "The Notebook", it's kind of a fantasy of mine. Then I realized we weren't surrounded by hundreds of swans...but there were some ducks.



That night we had reservations for dinner at the "Snake Creek Grill". Wow. The food here is ridiculous! It was so flippen good, it's a Must Try for sure! The next morning we had a super good breakfast that was complimentary with the room and then drove over to Swiss Days, my husband is such a good sport! I had never been there before but it is like a Big Honken Boutique, LOVED it! I found this booth called "Bumbles" where they sale interchangeable watches(thanks to Jami calling me and telling me about it) and needless to say bought WAY too much. Then we drove home and took the long route driving thought the mountains and checken out a ton of unreal houses. Anyways, we had an awesome anniversary and I'm looking forward to many, many more of them with the love of my life! Love you Jacks.

17 comments:

Brooke said...

That looks so fun, and I'm so glad that you two have each other. You really do make the perfect match, and our family just wasn't the same without Jacks. I love you both so much, and feel so blessed to have you two in my life. Happy Anniversary!!!

Alesha said...

How fun! Phil and I need to go there forsure. Happy Anniversary!

Joy said...

Happy Anniversary! I didn't know any of that. No wonder Lizz relies so much on you during this time. I am glad that you and Jackson have eachother, it sounds like you are meant to be together. I was laughing about your swan comment. And that picture is EXACTLY how I remember you!!!

Kara said...

Happy Anniversary! How fun to get away! We were up in Midway this weekend for Swiss Days, too bad we missed ya! Love the young picture, I don't think I've ever seen you with long hair except for pictures. You always look so cute!

Annilee said...

Happy Anniversary, you are a lucky girl to get 2 anniversaries, I hope that you make Jackson do something special on both! So glad that you have found happiness, you deserve it!

DeJong Family said...

Happy Anniversary! You have to do what make YOU happy, and it looks like you have. I am so glad that everything worked out your way, and that you too are so happy!

The Keeles said...

Happy Anniversary! Looks like you guys had a good time. Jackson really is a good sport to go to Swiss Days...I think my hubby would rather scrub the toilet! I am so happy you two ended up together! It makes for a fun story!

The Bingham's said...

You guys are the cutest flippin couple ever!! I am so glad you are together!! I have been wanting to go to Johnson Mill so bad with Josh! What day did you go to Swiss Days? We were there on Saturday! We love it we go every year!! Love Ya! Happy Anniversary!

Chelsi said...

I LOVE the johnsons mill!!! Aust and I stayed there for our honeymoon before we went to Hawaii. We stayed in the waterfall room. It is the greatest place to stay huh? I'm glad you guys got to go. I love you guys and think that you are awesome together...I am glad that everything worked out with the two of you. Best of luck on the years to come. Happy Anniversary!!!

Jami Weight said...

I love you too both so much and am so glad how things worked out..HappY AnNiVeRsArY to you both, (i would so be celebrating both anniversaries just so i could plan a get away 2 times a year) Tell Jacks, next year for Swiss Days, You are ALL MINE. It just didn't feel right shopping with my, Keelee there beside me, helping me spend money. Love you

SeƱora Daiana said...

You two are so cute. Congrats looks like you had a lot of fun.

Jake and Linzey Jordison said...

Happy anniversary guys. What a cute little place. I have never seen it before and I go to Midway alot!

Kristen said...

Happy Anniversary you guys! What a fun getaway! I'll have to remember that one and maybe drop hints for our next anniversary. How romantic!

Camille said...

Midway is so beautiful! I'm way jealous! Happy anniversary to you guys! I'm so happy that you are so happy together! Miss you!

The Ballou's said...

Happy Anniversary! I have been dying to try the Johnson Mill. We usually go to The Homestead for weekend get aways. Next time will definatly be The Mill. Glad you had a good time:)

Marissa said...

So Fantastic! That looks like the most romantic little spot! I am a sucker for romance, so Jake may be getting some hints...haha! Congrats babe!

Astyn said...

Congratulations.....it seriously is a beautiful story. You both deserve such happiness.
Much love, Astyn