Wednesday, July 23, 2008

"Attack of the Killer Dog"


Most mornings before I venture to work I take my child/dog Willis Daniel Bennett for a little stroll around the block so that he can get a little exercise for the day before my husband and I go to work. Is this so much to ask? Must I have drama in doing this? Anywho, there we were enjoying the beautiful morning when suddenly I see this wolf-like dog of a creature laying in his front yard(unchained I might add) looking at Willis as though he were a big fat juicy steak. As the wolf curled back his lips and got ready to pounce, this Wonder Woman zeal took over my body and just as the wolf grabbed Willis' leg I pounced and bear hugged the wolf, holding on for dear life as he dragged me like a rag doll across the street. Now please understand that this was in a neighborhood, people running, old ladies watering their gardens and so on. My spry little dog got out of the jaws of this creature and ran off and now the dog was snapping at me.... okay, what the hell!?
I somehow was able to get to my feet as I slid across the street and my dog and I ran all the way home. This sounds funny now, but I was hysterical at the time. Three things, 1- I will never go walking in that neighborhood again because of the evil wolf and because I'm too embarrassed to ever show my face there again. 2- Put your damn dog on a leash or chain and teach it some manners. 3- If I hadn't whipped out my Zena skills, willis and I would both be dead. Luckily Willis survived with a minor scrape on his precious little leg and I escaped with severe raspberries all up and down my leg from being dragged down the road.... oh and my dignity is pretty much gone.

17 comments:

Chelsi said...

Hi Keelee
I'm so glad I found you. Chelsea told me you had a blog and I wanted you as my friend so I googled you. haha I hope you guys are doing good. Talk to you soon!

{owens} said...

Oh my gosh, I bet if that happened to Belle I'd be VICIOUS! I would write a nasty letter to that home-owner! Geez, I'm glad you both are ok. Love ya. Ash

Team Fraser said...

that is so terrible!! And i'm totally getting a visual on the situation! I'm glad zena came out and saved the day GOOD JOB!!

Stephanie said...

I applaud you for your dog saving skills. I would have seriously freaked out. I wouldn't go back either...except in my car with the windows up so I could get the address and call the cops. That's scarey. :(

Kara said...

Keelee I loved hearing the story yesterday, your leg looks like it hurts. So glad you saved Willis, sorry our neighborhood is retarded!! It was fun chattin with ya yesterday, thanks for my haircut.

The Bingham's said...

oh my heck, I don't know weather to laugh or cry wright now, but the way to told the story I am laughing my head off!! We miss you guys, we need to hang out soon and ah... make a delicious feast!!!!

carlston said...

One of my bigger fears is being attacked by a dog while strolling through a neighborhood! I'm so sorry.

I'd like to see you when you in action when your child gets teased for the first time or another adult yells at them - the mother hen will come out in you like nobody's business!

Ryan and Alicia said...

Oh honey! I'm really sorry this had to happen but it made me laugh so hard. I can just imagine the whole thing in my mind. I'll help you track down that scary wolf dog and we'll hog tie him and then let our dogs have their way with him. Revenge feels good, I promise. :)

TBird and Mikelle said...

You go girl. That is so funny, well just picturing you getting dragged by the WOLF! You are so funny. Also I have been wanting to cut my hair into something cute... how can I reach you and what are you charging these days to help me look more stylish and a cuter mom? you can email me the info mikacker82@hotmail.com

SeƱora Daiana said...

Wow you always have crazy things happen to you. Your good. Thats happend to me with milo. I didn't do anything. SAD I just pullled on his lesh and hoped that the other dog would let go of milo.Your so much better then me.I need to be a better mom. Thank you keelee.

Brooke said...

Dude, no more walks for you. Crazy shit seems to go down when you go on walks.

Jenny said...

Some people should not have pets! I don't mean you, I mean whoever didn't chain their dog up!

Although I'm sorry you had to go through this, I must admit that I'm laughing my head off!

Shannon said...

OK, I already admitted that this made me laugh really hard,but after seeing your cuts on your leg and stuff, now I just feel bad! Although, it is funny to read. You're a good story teller!

Kristen said...

I think I would pay good money to see that on video. Of course...it would only be to video that wolf dog so you have evidence. Yeah, that's the only reason I want to see that on video :D. It wouldn't be to see your mad Zena skills :). Ok, maybe that's the real reason. I'm glad you're ok and that we can laugh about it now! hehehe If you dog could talk I bet he'd say that you're his hero!

Isaac and Dallas said...

Wow I can't stop laughing. Your so funny. First you get your sweatshirt stolen right off your back then your dogs gets attacked. If I were you I would stop going out on walks. It is not save for you anymore. Glad your ok.

BeckyIrwin said...

I am glad crazy stuff happens to other people besides me! I was laughing so hard at this story but yet very sympathetic. At least you know that you would kick #$% for the ones you love!

Lindsay said...

I was laughing so hard while reading this, but I am glad you are ok. I am also glad your dog is ok. The story is still funny though.