Thursday, April 10, 2008

Acupuncture

I hope I spelled that right. Somehow I was talked into trying this chinese medicine practice. This morning I went with my dads wife to this wellness center in Layton to try out this so called all-healing method called acupuncture....One of the wierdest experiences of my life. I really had no idea what I was getting in to. This lady lays me down and just starts placing tiny needles all over my body. Now let me just give you the low down on how I feel about needles. HATE them. Call me a baby but seriously shots hurt me really bad, I think I have extra thick skin or something so it makes it harder for the needle to get through, i'm serious. Anyways without any warning this chick puts needles in my feet, knees, arms, ears and the freaking top of my head. A needle in the top of my head? I was so confused about that. Then the chick leaves me all alone in this wierd room with needles sticking out all over me... I looked like a human pin cushion. She left me there for 30 minutes and I figured out all on my own that you can not move AT ALL. Even when I lifted a finger it would send a shooting pain throughout my body. K so maybe I'm just way skeptical..but, what the hell??? Have any of you done this and how do you feel about it? Who knows, maybe this will be an awesome thing and I'll end up loving it but I just find it SOOO bizarre.

14 comments:

Brooke said...

I'm pretty much over my past fear of needles after the pregnancies I had, however... I absolutely do not want anyone, anywhere, sticking needles in the top of my head. There's something wrong with that.

Ashley Bennion said...

Kee - this sounds so yucky - I hate needles and can't imagine that. yuck! Hope you are doing good - Thanks for your cute comment on our blog - We are doing good - I tell you what though I will definitely be ready for a haircut when I get off bed rest :) Have a great day!!!

{owens} said...

Yeah, Kee, I have friends that have done it during pregnancy. They swear by it, but I don't know if I could have needles in ME. I like to poke people myself but not be the poke-ee. Hope it makes a difference for you though since you already have the holes. ha ha. Love ya. Ash

Miranda Whitney said...

Hi! way cute blog, how are you doing? I saw your blog through Jamie's.

The Ballou's said...

Well, I used to want to try it. Maybe not anymore...

meowmixvents said...

Ya know, i've had two rules all my life, NO snorting or injecting. Which means no needles. Ever. I'm also very anti needle and I can not imagine having this done.
I sure as hell hope it works for you, if not, we'll hunt down the lady who poked you, and put needles in her while she sleeps.

Camille said...

Ouch babe! No more needles! I wish I could go with you guys, but we will still be in Cali. See you on Wed though! Love ya!

TG and Steph said...

My friend's mom used to do it all the time. She swore it made a huge difference in her level of stress. I've always wanted to try it out, but haven't yet. It's so good to hear from you Keelee. I haven't seen you since Kathryn's baby shower, which was over a year ago. All the old council girls should get together and do lunch. You and Jackson look like you're doing awesome. Your blog is adorable!

Marissa said...

All I can say is you are so brave!

Miranda Whitney said...

Ya I still have Mckel do my hair, I have been a little bit of a slacker and also just trying to grow it out. Looks like you are doing good, you guys are such a cute couple :)

Team Fraser said...

um preaty much never going to do that! I am the same as you...I hate needles. Did you notice anything different?? Do you feel better or what is the affect??

SeƱora Daiana said...

Thats funny I should go try it out sometime....

Angelica and Bryan said...

Keelee your blog is darling. I'm glad your doing well and you survived all the needles!
-Angelica

Jenny said...

Keelee, hey it's Jenny (Vanover) Rowley from the good old Valley Park 2nd ward! Good times!

I found your blog from a friend's - it's so cute! I love your background. I am way better at blogging than myspace or facebook so you'll have to keep touch in blogworld.

www.cedarrowleys.blogspot.com