Monday, October 6, 2008

General Conference

Every six months I look forward to Conference and feel so blessed that we can can get direct instructions through the leaders of our church and ultimately from our Heavenly Father.
This world is so crazy and there are so many scary and evil things that go on every day, but listening to Conference also gives great hope and strength to know that there is so much good in the world and potential for everyone who has lost their way.
I know for an absolute fact that the words the prophet speak are true and sent from God and I truly believe that if we follow their teachings our lives will be so blessed and make difficult things that happen to us in this life become that much easier to overcome.
I have sooo many flaws and things I need to work on but I know how forgiving our Heavenly Father is and that he will continually help us as long as we're trying.
My favorite talks were the ones about family and relations and how important it is that we put family first. It was said that it's the little things that really matter and that is what potentially keeps families together. Family prayer, just spending time together and putting each other and the gospel first. I'm so grateful for my family and especially for my wonderful husband. I love him so much and even on days that I feel like he is the biggest pain in the $%# ever I just have to see his big smile and then I suddenly forget that I'm mad. Life is so fragile and I am so grateful for the knowledge I have of the gospel and eternal families. I can't imagine not having that truth that we will all be together again one day. Family is the most important thing in the world to me and I feel so blessed for the people that have been placed in my life.
Sorry to get all sappy and emotional but I just think Conference does this to me and makes me realize what's important(puts me in check if you will) and how lucky we really are!

3 comments:

Kristen said...

I agree. I loved watching General Conference. I loved the talk that our prophet gave on Saturday. It was amazing! I can't wait to get the conference ensign to go over everything again. I think I may have fell asleep for some parts... :). Thank goodness for the ensign!

TBird and Mikelle said...

You are cute.. I alsio loved conference and I loved the funny talk that Elder Wirthlin gave I can't wait to read it again... but I just loved how he talked about learning to laugh off your anger and frustrations.. I need to learn that!

Anonymous said...

I loved conference too except for when you kicked my trash at scrabble! xoxo lets play again soon!