Sunday, May 4, 2008

Happy Mothers Day Mom

Kathryn Eldredge Firth 06/17/56-11/09/03







This time of year is always a little emotional for me seeing as how Mothers Day is next week and my moms birthday is coming up. I miss her so so so much. It'll be five years in November that she will been gone but there are times when it seems that it was just yesterday we were all just talking and laughing. I just wanted to give a little tribute to my mom to tell her how much I love and appreciate all she has done for me. She has left a legacy behind that will never be forgotten. Call me bias but I believe I truly had the best mom ever. She was the the most social, bubbly, fun, energetic, giving, humorous and beautiful woman that I have ever and probably will ever come to know. There are so many times that I would give anything to have just one hour with her to let her know how very much I love her and how grateful I am for all the many things she has done for me. Growing up she was constantly grinding my brothers and I how to always hold our heads high no matter the situation, to always remember who we are and what we stand for(such a typical mom thing to say), to always stay vertical when we went out on dates(ha ha),to never let anyone walk all over us and to always always hold the gospel as close to us as possible. Thank you so much mom. As my brothers and I were growing up she always made sure to spend one on one time with each of to make sure we knew we were important to her. She was always the best example and never wavered her beliefs or morals EVER under any circumstance. I can't wait for the day my husband and I have our own children, I only hope that I can portray the same love and example for my children that she did for us. One thing that has really helped me deal with her being gone is the fact that she always talked to us about how death is the beginning of a beautiful life and how when someone dies it is the most glorifying and happiest day of their existence and how it's the only the ones that are left behind that are hurting. This has given me great comfort and especially great drive to live my life in a way that we can all be together again. I'm so lucky to have had her in my life for as long as I did. I love you so much mom. Happy Mothers Day

17 comments:

SeƱora Daiana said...

Keelee, Thank you for all you've done for me. This last 2 weeks have been hard for me. It's good to have you as a friend and know that you understand what I'm going through. Your mom sounds like she was such a beautiful woman. Its nice to know that we will see them again huh? love ya hooch.

{owens} said...

Kee, you're such a strong person! I love you. Ash

Brooke said...

That was so sweet, yo. I totally feel like I've forgotten so many things about her. Sometimes I get freaked out because I can't remember her voice or the way she would laugh, and I hate it because it makes me feel like I'm forgetting her. I like to read stuff like this, because it reminded me of so many of the little things she used to say and do. I can't believe it's been 5 years. As happy as I know she is now, I still think these last 5 years would have been a hell of a lot happier for all of us had she still been here. I miss her everyday. I miss her for me, I miss her for Jess, but most of all... I miss her for my kids. I think about her everyday, and I always will. I miss ya, Kathy. And I love you. Happy Mother's day!

Camille said...

Wow! I know she wasn't my Mom, but she sure took care of me like she was, and thats what I'll never forget about her. Everytime I look at the picture of Jesus that she gave me right before my mission I remember her amazing love and spirit! She really did leave an amazing legacy, and certainly has an amazing daughter! Love you Kee!

Joy said...

What a wonderful tribute! She is the type of mom that I want to be. What an amazing woman.

Ashley Bennion said...

Hey Keelee - I don't think you are biased at all. You truly do have one of the most amazing moms ever. She meant so much to me in my life and I will never forget her sweet spirit and smile. I loved having her in young womens and just being her friend. I love ya Kee - You are in my thoughts and prayers.

TBird and Mikelle said...

Talk about tear jerker.. you have made your mom very proud I am sure! I bet she is smiling down on you right now! What a blessing to know that you have your mother as an angel always watching over you! You are amazing... You have shown me such strength!

Team Fraser said...

Keelee you are such an awesome daughter!! I'm sure your Mom is super proud of you!! Now on to another note...thanks for the info on the JS hair...I hadn't really looked at them...so when I was at Mally's I check it out...eww wigglet is right what the heck is this!!! Thanks for the FYI!

Kristen said...

Thanks for sharing that beautiful tribute. Your mom was so beautiful and so much fun to be around. I count myself blessed because I knew her for as long as I did. Thanks goodness for the gospel that gets us through hard things!

britta said...

Dido to all you said about your mom. What a lucky girl you are to have such a great mom. You will be a great mom, I can't wait for you to have the chance. Your mom truly touched my life as well. Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Watts Family said...

Your mom was such an amazing mom. I always loved it when I saw her at church because she always gave everyone such sincere compliments. I have tried to take that wonderful quality of hers and make it one of mine. She is truly missed by everyone. Love you. Krista

Blair and Dave said...

Spending most of time at your house when I was kid, i remember your mom vividly and I remember that she was always so kind and she always made me feel so special when she would perm my hair! Your moms is missed by a lot of people! Love you girl
Blair

Jami Weight said...

Dork, you made me cry. Love your mom too! you forgot to mention the FOOD! that woman was always making crazy food for everyone. I partially blame her for my weight problem. I'm going to have a little talk with her about that one day. I love her and especially you. You ARE JUST LIKE HER, what a compliment for you both, and you will be the best mom ever, just like her. Luv U

Alesha said...

That was really presh. I totally got teary. I love that she said "stay vertical" that is awesome! And the pic of you two is priceless. She totally knows how much you love her.

Jenny said...

What a beautiful tribute. I know that your mom is so proud of you and the person you have become. Everyone who knew your mom was blessed because of it. She was so beautiful and she was always so loving, friendly, and outgoing. No one ever felt sad around her because she lifted everyone up. She truly was (and still is) an amazing woman.

I'll be thinking of you during this difficult time of year. I'm glad we have the knowledge of the gospel in our lives - it helps so much. But I know that certain times are harder than others. I'll be thinking of you and your dear mother!

The Winwards said...

Keelee,

I found your blog from Kristen's website. I love your tribute to your mom. She was so much fun when we were growing up, I miss those days. I don't think I could have grown up in a better place. You have a really cute family.

Kali (Glover) Winward

kOrTnI said...

Oh Keelee! Your mom is absolutely gorgeous...& you 2 look so so much alike!!! I know your mom knows you love her!!! She knows how you feel & how much you miss her! I bet she misses you too & would give anything to have that hour with you too! Stay strong! You'll see her again! Love ya! XO XO XO